My journey to overall health and wellness... Thanks for coming along!

--

Thursday, March 18, 2010

MY NEW FAVORITE TOY...

I recently took a workshop with Linda Farrell on incorporating this little toning gem- a "mini" version of the large inflated balance ball you all may be familiar with- into my classes (and workouts). It looks relatively harmless, but I assure after one hour with the mini ball you'll understand why its my new favorite toy. It's a great way to rev up classic Pilates mat exercises. There are so many ways to use it...

Squeeze it:
- between the inner thighs
- between the shins
- between the palms

OR

Roll it/Balance on it:
- underneath the feet
- underneath the palms

- behind the lower back

- underneath the side waist
- underneath the pelvis/hips

AND WHEN YOU ARE DONE...


Take a nap on it:

- underneath the head and neck ;)

No comments: