My journey to overall health and wellness... Thanks for coming along!

--

Monday, June 27, 2011

FITNESS & HEALTH BLOGGERS...

are AWESOME!


I had an idea of the awesomeness I may encounter at the 2011 Fitness & Health Bloggers Conference, but that idea paled in comparison to the reality...

I have never been in a room full of more open, honest, and giving people in my life. People all working towards a common goal of helping get the fitness & health word out there to the masses. People so passionate about helping others lead a healthy life that there was no room for pride (the bad kind of course) or vanity.

I admit, going into the conference I felt low on the totem pole as a fairly new blogger wanting to learn how to be better. However, when I got there, I realized there was no totem pole, only people just like me who wanted to help me on my journey and also looking for help themselves. The phrase “Everyone had to start somewhere” rang very true and I realized that no one in that room was looking down on me, but rather standing next to me, ready to hold my hand if I needed.

People who I consider “Blogilebrities” like Stephanie Quilao AKA @Skinnyjeans, Ryan Sullivan AKA @nomorebacon and Toni Carey AKA @BlackGirlsRun were following me on Twitter, responding to things I had to say, sitting next me at dinner and calling me their friend. I almost died when Leah Segedie AKA @bookieboo told me she liked my top. Of course like a nerd I said, “Thanks! I like your blog.” I said the last part kinda quiet so maybe she didn’t hear it… (she heard it).

There are a few women, however, who I would like to give a special shout out to… my tribe* if you will.


From left to right:

Kris AKA @Krazy_Kris, who is easily one of the funniest, most open, infectious and caring people I have EVER met. I can’t tell you how fortunate I feel to have weaseled my way into her circle. He he.

Suzanne AKA @WorkoutNirvana, who is not only totally hot and BUFF, but probably as down to earth and honest as it gets. On the road to becoming a Fitness Pro herself, she and I enjoyed so many conversations about fitness, blogging and life in general. I mean I’m not that surprised because she is a CO girl!

Emily AKA @EmilyinProgress who is sweetness personified. Like me she was there to learn and I found her to be incredibly open, honest and easy going... not an ounce of pretension. Plus she is a smarty pants attorney and that is awesome!

Casey AKA @HippieHealthNut, who is so sweet it’s almost unbelievable, but can get snarky when the opportunity arises, which is my kind of gal! We found each other in a sea of people as we stood trying not to look awkward & bonded over our first conference experience and Kangoo!

We are a motley crew for sure , but these women became my buddies. We sat together, ate together, played together, LAUGHED together, and brought out the best in each other if you ask me. I absolutely look forward to cultivating much deeper friendships with them beyond this weekend. You should all be reading their Blogs, following them on Twitter and liking them on Facebook. I’m just sayin…

Rest assured there will be many #FHBC11 inspired posts to come, but this one had to come first. Because what it’s really all about is connections and I feel like I hit the jackpot!



Thanks to Zephyr Adventures, Boulder CO and the 2011 Fitness & Health Bloggers conference for introducing me to this fabulous community!

*I can not take credit for coining "tribe"... That was Kris!

7 comments:

Suzanne @WorkoutNirvana said...

Honestly, I got a lump in my throat reading this. First, it shows what an amazing person you are yourself, and secondly, you encapsulate the feeling of the conference beautifully. Thank you so much for your sweet words. I felt the same about you, lucky to have spent time with such a down-to-earth, friendly, easy-to-talk-to, VERY smart chick. All four of you were awesome company PLUS the other lovely and smart people at FHBC11. Love the picture of us five btw - mine was blurry! Ah, it never happened!! LOL xoxo

Emily said...

I second Suzanne - an amazing post! I can't convey how amazing it was to meet all of you. I really am struck with a sense of how supportive and wonderful other women (and men), especially the four of you, can be. Thank you for the kind words. I cannot wait to get to know you better and to meet up when I am in NYC next!
PS I am totally stealing your photo!

Ryan @NoMoreBacon said...

Blogilebrity cracks me up. You were awesome! Wish we would have had some time to sit and chat. Have a great Summer. Hope we have some classes together next year ;)

Seriously though Jenn, you rock!

Casey (The Hippie Health Nut) said...

I think I just teared up a little. Jenn, you are such a beautiful person inside and out. I'm SO glad our awkward moment turned into a great friendship and I hope to see you again soon. Until then, you can bet I'll be following along to learn more about your awesome business!

MaxBurn Formula said...

I admit, going into the conference I felt low on the totem pole as a fairly new blogger wanting to learn how to be better. However, when I got there, I realized there was no totem pole, only people just like me who wanted to help me on my journey and also looking for help themselves.

pilates courses online new york said...

yes its true those help to have it then its time to do so anyhow keep up.

rituelstudio said...

How to get fitness?Give some tips?Kids Pilates