My journey to overall health and wellness... Thanks for coming along!

--

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

LEAN BODY LOVES...


My KitchenAid Immersion Blender


A few months ago our food processor (which was a hand me down from my mother-in-law) finally went kaput, so we set out to Bed Bath and Beyond to get another one. Originally we (I) wanted to get a mini blue one to match our (my) beautiful blue stand up mixer, but we instead came home with this magic little appliance and here's why:

-It's 3 devices in 1! Not only it is a blender, but also a food processor and a whisk. What can I say, I love getting more for my money.

-It's small and easy to store- fits right on the counter.

-It's easy to clean- And along these lines, eliminates the giant mess of transferring soups into the blender or food processor to puree.

-You can make a million (slight exaggeration for effect) things with it!

Here are just a few of my favorite things to make with my Immersion Blender & it's attachments:


-Walnut Canellini Bean Dip-

1 15oz can cannellini beans drained & rinsed
1/2 cup walnuts
2-3 cloves garlic
Fresh parsley to taste (small handful)
Fresh basil to taste (6-10 leaves)
Juice of 1 lemon (approx 3 Tbl)
2 Tbl olive oil
Salt & Pe
pper

(Throw everything in the food processor and blend until smooth)

-Green Smoothies-

(a new phenomenon for me which I will expound upon in more detail soon)

-Whipped Cream-



-Mashed Potatoes (sweet or regular)-

(which I made on Thanksgiving)

-Frothy (Soy) Milk for my morning cuppa Joe-


-Pesto-

-Fresh Salsa-

-Split Pea, Lentil or Tomato Basil Soup-

If you like being in the kitchen, and haven't discovered the joys of the immersion blender then you are surely missing out!

*Cannellini dip recipe courtesy of Linda Turek.*

** As always, the opinions on this blog are mine and mine alone, and everything I endorse is out of my own genuine love of it.**

No comments: