My journey to overall health and wellness... Thanks for coming along!

--

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

GIVE ME THE MUSIC...

I have been playing around with incorporating music into my Mat Classes, lately, and I must say, it is quite enjoyable! It's been pretty gloomy here in NYC and my students and I needed a little pick-me-up. Music always puts some pep in my step, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
Until now, I never used music, mostly because that is how I was trained, and quite frankly it's a lot of pressure to choose the right soundtrack... I have taken classes with and without music, some successful, some not. The best playlist is one that you notice but aren't tuned into, so that the mind can still focus on the body. The music should enhance the movements, not distract from them.
So without further adu, I give you a Lean Body Pilates Mix for your listening and Pilates-ing (not a word) pleasure. Enjoy!


1. Dog Days Are Over- Florence and the Machine
2. Black and Gold- Sam Sparro
3. Sweet Disposition- The Temper Trap
4. Giving Up the Ghost- Dj Shadow
5. Drum Song- The Temper Trap
6. Tight Rope- Janelle Monae
7. Terrapin (Mr. Scruff Mix)- Bonobo
8. Forever- Chris Brown
9. Chaimbermaid Swing- Parov Stelar
10. The Last Dance- Parov Stelar
11. Wanna get- Parov Stelar
12. Spy Game- Parov Stelar
13. Let the Drummer Kick- Citizen Cope
14. Shine- Black Gold
15. Shot in the Back of the Head- Moby

No comments: