My journey to overall health and wellness... Thanks for coming along!

--

Sunday, June 5, 2011

FREE FITNESS...

is always appealing to me, so I am super excited about the launch of BeFitNYC and a week of FREE fitness events from June 6-12!

I received an email about the launch on Friday from Phil Kiczula at Big Method, a company working with the NYC Department of Health to get the word out to fitness pros like me, so I can get the word out to all of you. To quote the email:

"BeFitNYC aims to connect New Yorkers and encourage a healthy, active lifestyle using our fair city as one big gym. To kick things off, the Department of Health has put together an infographic depicting stats about the average New Yorker’s health, activity level and some great ways to get healthier in and around the city."


As you can imagine, after reading that I couldn't wait to find out more and share the details with you all.

Here is the NYC Department of Health infographic, which I must say, shocked me a little:



And here is the schedule of events for the week:



I am beyond bummed out that I can not shake my groove thang at the Zumba Flash Mob tomorrow at 11:30am, which means you all have to go so I can live vicariously through you...
I will however be at the Fitness Festival on Sunday June 12th, so hope to see you there!

Oh, and I almost forgot the best part... even though the launch is just one week, BeFitNYC has ongoing events all summer! Be sure to check out the website and/or their Facebook App to see all the amazing FREE fitness opportunities in all 5 boroughs. There's fitness to be found all over this great city of ours, and it doesn't have to cost a fortune. No excuses NYC... GET MOVING!

No comments: