My journey to overall health and wellness... Thanks for coming along!

--

Thursday, June 9, 2011

SERACUSE PARK...

Yes, you read that correctly, but I'm not the particular Seracuse for which this park is named.


This particular park is named for my DAD! Today is his 78th Birthday (which by the way you would NEVER guess) and I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to brag about him a little. I mean how many people do you know that have their own PARK? I only know one:

Jerome Mario Seracuse FAIA (those fancy letters stand for Fellow of the American Institute of Architects)

Because my dad is not only an amazing Architect with fancy letters after his name, but also an amazing man, he was given this little pocket park in the middle of the Denver Technological Center, a complex he helped create and continues to preserve as a member of the Architectural Control Committee.



Not by coincidence the park looks directly at one of his buildings!



We took a little trip to the park when Jay & I were home in CO for Christmas, which is why all the trees are a little bare. I can't wait to go back in a few weeks when I am there for the Fitness & Health Bloggers Conference, so I can take some pictures with everything in bloom!




Here is a close up of the placard:



This site is dedicated in recognition of
Jerome M. Seracuse's service to the Denver
Technological Center. As a member of the
DTC's Architectural Control Committee he was
instrumental in the planning and development of this
entire area, including the extensive network of parks
and landscaping throughout DTC.

Pretty cool huh? If you know my dad you know how special he is, and also how deserving he is of this recognition of his talents & efforts to preserve the beauty of nature in all of his projects. If you don't, then you'll just have to take this totally biased Daddy's GIrl's word for it. ;) I really could not be more proud! Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you!

No comments: