My journey to overall health and wellness... Thanks for coming along!

--

Monday, January 18, 2010

CHICKEN SOUP...


Never underestimate the power of good old fashioned homemade chicken noodle soup to cure that pesky winter cold. Over the weekend I felt like I was knocking on deaths door. My wonderful husband, Jay, made me some soup yesterday, and I am a functioning human being again. Yes, I did rest, but I am convinced it was the soup that made me right again.
AND... I am not the only one... my dad also had a nasty cold, and after my mom took Jay's cue and made him soup, he too is feeling much better.
I would suggest adding lots of healthy veggies to your chicken soup- Jay added carrots, celery, onion, scallions, green beans, peas and potatoes. You really can't go wrong with more veggies. It's a great way to boost the vitamins and help you heal.
I'm telling you... soup works!

No comments: