My journey to overall health and wellness... Thanks for coming along!

--

Saturday, January 16, 2010

NOT TO TOOT MY OWN HORN...

But I am a great teacher.
Ok, so maybe there was some tooting involved there. However, I am simply repeating what I have been hearing lately from my students... and really, who am I to argue??
In all seriousness, there is nothing better than hearing that you are doing a good job at something you love and believe in. What's even better is hearing it from someone, usually a complete stranger, who has nothing to gain from giving you the compliment. Someone who feels strongly enough about it to let you know. So, what I am saying is, if you come across someone who is doing a great job, or who inspires you... Tell them. It doesn't have to be a grand gesture, a simple statement goes a long way. "Thanks for the class. You are a great teacher." I tell you, it means the world.
It's easy to complain or give negative feedback, and a lot of times the good stuff just goes unsaid. I say, say it!

No comments: