My journey to overall health and wellness... Thanks for coming along!

--

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

LEAN BODY LIFE ESSENTIAL #6...


H2O baby!

I know... I know... You hear it all the time, but it really is so super important! Here are my favorite reasons for drinking water:

* If you feel hungry, you may in fact just be thirsty... so drinking a sufficient amount of water can help keep you from overeating. Obviously you do need to eat food at some point, but I'm talking about combating the mindless and unnecessary snacking. Next time you are thinking about grabbing some pretzels, chips, cookies or whatever your snack of choice may be... drink a glass of water first, and then see how you feel.
* Chances are by choosing to drink water you are choosing not to drink something else like soda or juice. Most people don't realize how many calories a day they are DRINKING! By sticking with water (which also includes seltzer, for those of you not wanting to give up your bubbles), you may be saving yourself hundreds of calories... and unlike diet drinks that have no calories and no benefit, water has no calories and tons of benefits. The choice is yours, but for me it's a no brainer.
* Drinking enough water keeps your energy up. One of the main symptoms of dehydration is sluggishness and fatigue- not to mention a splitting headache- all of which make it very difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and get the exercise you need on a daily basis. So drink up, wake up and get moving!

(In case you are new to Lean Body, I am beginning my new Lean Body Life Essentials segment with #6, because my top 5 can already be found here).

Photo by Jay Sullivan Photographer

No comments: