My journey to overall health and wellness... Thanks for coming along!

--

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

LEAN BODY LIFE ESSENTIAL #7...


CARDIO!

Doing Pilates is amazing for your body, but cardio must be included in your fitness routine! And please don't confuse me with someone who runs 10 miles every morning, or can ride a stationary bike for an hour every day. I most certainly am not. I have to trick myself into cardio (and if there's no music, forget about it); if you are like me, you can too. There are so many options out there- there's even something called Cardiolates! Remember, it's not what you do but how hard you work. The goal is 30-60 minutes of moderate to intense aerobic activity most days. This doesn't have to be done all at once... do 20 minutes here and 20 minutes there, and make little changes- like taking the stairs! Check out this
Calorie Burning calculator from Fitness to find out how many calories you are burning doing anything from aerobics to vacuuming.

image by Jay Sullivan Photographer

No comments: