My journey to overall health and wellness... Thanks for coming along!

--

Monday, March 8, 2010

SUNSHINE ON MY SHOULDERS...


Makes me happy! It is truly a BEAUTIFUL day in the neighborhood! It's amazing what some sunlight, blue sky and about 15 degrees can do... I have been feeling the negative energy-zapping effects of those cold, gray February days. Last week, I cringed at the thought of leaving my house. I wanted to hibernate on my cozy couch. Today I suddenly feel rejuvenated and motivated! Not only was I excited to get out of the house, but I RAN to teach my class... and then I RAN home! It was glorious to breathe in the outside air and sweat with the sun on my face (SO much better than trudging to and from the gym in clunky winter boots, down coat, hat, scarf and gloves, fighting wind and rain or snow). I also noticed that my students were working extra hard today. They must have caught the sunshine bug too! If you are like me and let the winter get you down, take advantage of a day like this, and go out and DO something. Let the sun work its motivational magic and MOVE you!

No comments: